Jump to the beginning of content

Application for Water Supply

Pursuant to Section 14 of Waterworks Ordinance (Cap. 102) (WWO), a person must not construct, install, alter, or remove a fire service or inside service unless the Water Authority has granted a written permission for it. The Water Authority may grant the written permission on his own initiative or on application of a licensed plumber. Besides, Section 15 of the WWO also stipulates that, a person who is not a designated person# must not carry out the construction, installation, maintenance, alteration, repair or removal of a fire service or inside service (i.e. specified plumbing works).

The Water Authority may waive the requirement of permission under Section 14 of the WWO in the case of alterations to a fire service or inside service which are, in his opinion, of a minor nature. Alterations to a fire service or inside service must not be considered as of a minor nature if the alterations would, in the opinion of the Water Authority, adversely affect the efficiency of the fire service or inside service in providing a reliable and adequate supply of water; or the quality of the water.

# “Designated person” means:

  1. a licensed plumber;
  2. a registered plumbing worker;
  3. a registered plumbing worker (provisional);
  4. a person who carries out specified plumbing works under the instruction and supervision of a licensed plumber or registered plumbing worker; or
  5. a public officer authorized by the WA.

Related Links