Jump to the beginning of content

Water Supply for New Buildings

Before applying formally for water supply, please check the lease condition of the development to confirm whether mains water supply would be available. You can write to the Water Authority and indicate briefly your requirements with the exact location of the development marked on a block plan.

If provision of water supply is feasible, details of the requirements will be sent to you for preparation of plumbing proposals. The plumbing proposals should be sent together with completed application Form WWO 542 to the Water Authority.  If the licensed plumbers have already been engaged at the design stage of the plumbing proposal, you may also request your licensed plumber to submit the list of pipes and fittings intended to be installed (through WWO Form 1149) at this stage together with the plumbing proposal and Form WWO 542.  (Note: Submission of Form WWO 1149 with the plumbing proposal is a mandatory requirement for new applications of village type houses.  See CL No. 6/2018 for details.)

Plumbing works must NOT commence until the plumbing proposals have been approved by this Department in writing. Before proceeding with the works under the approved plumbing proposal, your licensed plumber is required to submit Form WWO 46 to apply for the permission of the Water Authority.  Form WWO 1149 should also be submitted together with Form WWO 46 if such submission has not been made.

You should employ designated persons to install all pipework and fittings for the supply of mains water.

When the plumbing work has been completed, your licensed plumber should inform the Water Authority as soon as possible using Form WWO 46. Mains supply will be connected when the plumbing work has been inspected and found satisfactory and after you have paid the water deposit and the charges for the connection work and meter installation.

Other Useful References

Related Links